|Job Title||Vineyard Manager|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
|Job Description||- Large family-owned commercial vineyard|
- Hands-on management role
- Margaret River Region
This family-owned 600ha property is home to their vineyard, olive grove and cattle operation and has developed a reputation as a leading producer of quality commercial grapes in the northern Margaret River Region. Currently, there is 82 hectares of vines on the property together with around 6,000 olive trees and 600 head of Murray Grey Cattle. The Property Owners are currently looking for an energetic, ambitious, experienced and hands-on person to manage the vineyard operation.
Reporting to the General Manager and working with the Consultant, the Vineyard Manager will be responsible for implementing the vineyard plan and daily activities of the vineyard. With a goal of achieving targeted budgets and yields, along with providing leadership in all aspects of managing, monitoring and guiding the team to implement company policies, to reach strategic objectives.
• Coordinating vineyard activities on a day-to-day basis
• Irrigation and fertigation activities conducted, and systems maintained
• Manage staff, contractors and resources effectively
• Co-ordinate and undertake all vineyard programs in a timely manner with minimal supervision
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated experience in staff management and team leadership
• Previous experience coaching, training and further educating staff
• Experience in budgeting and financial performance monitoring
• Operating knowledge of all vineyard machinery and irrigation
• Previous experience in a hands-on role within a medium to large-scale vineyard
• Experience in QA systems highly valued
• Qualifications in Viticulture, Horticulture, Agriculture, Irrigation or similar will be highly regarded
• A current and valid Driver’s licence is essential
• ChemCert accreditation is required
An attractive remuneration package with executive style 5 bedroom on-farm accommodation suitable for a family will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Jono Sawers, on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number JS2947, or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.