Solarity Credit Union
Are you charismatic with a passion for mortgages and bringing people together through training and developing? Do you value work-life balance, the outdoors, a strong local community, and over 300 days of sun! Then come to Yakima, WA, join a progressive organization, and be a part of the innovation that is impacting how business is done in the industry. Solarity Credit Union (Solarity) has created a compelling new position and is seeking their first Corporate Mortgage Training Advisor to join their dynamic team. You will become their systems expert, optimize the use of Solarity’s mortgage origination platform, and support their commitment to becoming the digital credit union by actively contributing to the continuous growth of their strong mortgage portfolio.
Your experience will support new market development efforts through engaging with centers of influence, recruitment initiatives, and coaching and mentoring of the Mortgage Loan Officers, Digital Mortgage Loan Officers, and Business Development Officer team. Your technical expertise in mortgage applications will result in improvements to ensure increased member experience and back office efficiency. The right candidate will have the strategic vision and passion to design, develop, and deliver Solarity’s new mortgage development program from the ground up. Your leadership, creativity, and innovation will influence the full-cycle of the mortgage process, guide the strategic growth of the mortgage division, and ultimately help the credit union better serve its community.
Solarity is very proud of the community it serves and is committed to the relationships they have built. In 2015, Solarity employees volunteered for over 1,200 hours of community service, donated $55,000 to financial literacy efforts, and gave more than $65,000 to community events and nonprofits. Yakima is a strong, growing, and welcoming community and is known as “the birthplace of Washington State’s wine industry”. Enjoy delicious food from all the local farms that have made Yakima known as the producer of the “largest variety of fresh grown produce in the Pacific Northwest”, including the production of over 75% of the nation’s hops. With 300 days of sun a year, you can take advantage of the outdoors through hiking, biking, skiing, golfing, or endless water activities on the lakes and rivers. For more information about Yakima, check out their website www.visityakima.com.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide extraordinary service to internal and external customers, members, and stakeholders.
- Design, development, and deliver Solarity’s new mortgage production staff development program.
- Contribute to market expansion.
- Overcome obstacles to achieve market leading member effort score for mortgage origination through mortgage origination system enhancements, conversions, efficiencies, and general process improvement implementation.
- Build constructive and supportive relationships with peers, diverse teams, and work groups across the organization to achieve goals and promote a positive, productive, professional work environment.
- Up to 50% travel (local) to eight locations to offer one-on-one training and group training.
- Report directly to the VP of Talent Development.
- High School Diploma
- Extensive training in Mortgage Origination & Processing Systems and mortgage lending compliance
- 5+ years of progressive experience in mortgage production and processing in a financial institution.
- 2+ years of training experience