Apple Federal Credit Union
Apple Federal Credit Union (https://www.applefcu.org/) is launching an external nationwide search as part of their robust strategic succession plan. Larry Kelly, their current CEO who is retiring, has and continues to be instrumental in the remarkable success of this organization by driving strategic vision, engaging a highly talented workforce, expanding into the community, and partnering with an educated and interactive board of directors. This high-performing credit union was created in 1956 to serve the educational community of Northern Virginia and remains strong in its commitment to its members in Fairfax County, Fairfax City, Frederick County, Manassas City, Manassas Park, and Prince William County.
This search for a top-100 credit union is competitive, seeking top-tier CEOs or number twos ready to be the CEO of a strong credit union. Candidates must demonstrate competence to:
- Provide exemplary leadership to all stakeholders in moving forward Apple Federal Credit
- Union’s mission and vision into the future.
- Bridge the board’s vision into practice by providing leadership to the executive team, management team, and staff.
- Maintain a cooperative, collaborative, and competitive credit union focused on its members’ (financial) well-being.
- Have a pulse of the organization and practices of industry to support visioning work.
- Coordinate and lead the fulfillment of the credit union members’ desires for their institution as expressed through their representative board of directors.
Serious candidates will have earned a master’s degree in a business-related field such as finance or management, preferably CPA certified, and have a strong specialty in finance/accounting/management. To be the leader of this organization, you will need at least ten years as a high-performing executive in a credit union or community bank.
ABOUT DDJ MYERS, LTD.
DDJ Myers is the executive search consultant for this organization. Our expertise is in supporting leadership teams in sustainable practices for high-performing organizations through succession planning, leadership development programs, executive coaching, board governance and renewal, and executive search. Please learn more about us at www.ddjmyers.com.