Greater Detroit Area
Our client is an award winning international leader in engineered technology with a rich, successful history in manufacturing and product development supplying critical components, fasteners, fittings and clamps to multiple industries including Automotive, Aircraft, Water Management, Biotech and more! Their dedication to quality and technological leadership has won them the confidence of over 1,000 customers in more than 100 countries!
- Provide technical leadership for all aspects of quality engineering throughout the product realization process at our client location near the Detroit, MI area.
- This position will handle multiple projects from product inception, development, through manufacture and customer use.
- The Quality Engineer provides a key role to ensure product meets defined quality standards, and any regulatory requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum Five (5) years professional experience in a manufacturing quality role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Complete understanding of all elements required in an AIAG formatted PPAP
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 8D, SPC, and PFMEA.
- Proven track record with OEM customers. (TIER 1 companies)
- Experience with Kaizen, Lean implantations
- Comprehensive understanding of TS16949 requirements
- Able to analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis test
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and team skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Able to lead and facilitate cross functional teams.
This position offers a salary and bonus, comprehensive healthcare, including dental and vision, Health savings Plan, Flex Spending, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance and a 401k with a generous matching as well as tuition reimbursement!
For immediate consideration contact Jeanine at (847) 550-1300 x44 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org