NSTAR Global Services
A Company of the M+W Group
Field Service – Start Up Engineer II
Location: Malta, NY
The Field Service – Start Up Engineer II will be responsible for service and repair of semiconductor processing equipment.
- Performs on-site service and repair of semiconductor processing equipment
- Troubleshoots equipment problems
- Maintains records and reports as required
- Coordinates activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions
- Orders and installs parts
- Responds to emergency service calls as required
- Instructs customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance
- Perform upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials
- Incumbents are responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and security of company property including vehicles, tools, etc.
- Employees must also maintain standards of conduct acceptable to both TEA and customers to maintain credentials for being on customer site(s)
- Associates degree in electronics, engineering, or other applicable field of study; Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technology preferred
- 2+ years previous experience in maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of semiconductor capital equipment
- 1-2 years experience working on LITHIUS Pro/V, ProZ and possibly ACT12
- Excellent customer interface skills is required
- Mechanical aptitude is required as well as an ability to use appropriate tools
- Thorough understanding of technical issues involving the maintenance, repair and/or installation of company equipment and company procedures are required
- Flexible to work on compressed shifts (12 hours), overtime, stand-by, on-call, holidays, etc, when required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check
- Basic computer skills
Schedule: Day shift
Other compensation: We offer Benefits such as Health, Dental, Vision insurance, 401K, Annual sick leave, Vacation time, Paid holidays, Overtime Pay, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty Rewards
- Vendor Training on Toolsets, or industry experience
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places.
- Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required.
- May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing.
- May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus with strong hand to eye coordination
- Ability to work in constrictive attire, wearing appropriate personal protective safety equipment as required, and sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Capacity to work rapidly for long periods of time when needed, including routinely bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and standing in one location
Advantages of being a NSTAR Employee
- Work for an industry leading service provider to Semiconductor OEMs
- Experience the personal touch of working for a small company
- Become a part of the M+W family which offers the experience of a wide array of opportunities in various industries
- Receive the following travel package when traveling on assignment
- Arrangement and booking of hotel and flights
- Arrangement and booking of rental car and reimbursement for 1 tank of gas per week
- Hourly pay for total time spent traveling to start of assignment and back home at end of assignment
- Per diem and weekly phone and laundry expenses
- Access to NSTAR’s 24/7 travel hotline
- Receive competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, overtime pay, vacation days, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Gain rewards through NSTAR’s Loyalty Program, STARBright Rewards
ALL information provided to NSTAR will be kept confidential, unless you give expressed permission.
If this position does not seem like a match for you, but you know someone who might be interested, click here to submit your referral and learn more about our Referral Bonus Program.
Check out our website at www.nstargs.com, and browse for more open jobs at http://nstarglobalservices.com/job-seekers/open-jobs/
About the Company:
NSTAR Global Services, a company of the M+W Group, provides flexible and customized technical services and staffing solutions worldwide. M+W Group is a leading global engineering and construction partner for technology-based clients in the segments Electronics, Photovoltaics, Battery Cells, Life Sciences, Chemicals, Science & Research, Energy & Environment Technologies, Automotive, IT & Telecoms, Space & Security. Together our competence to link services, process, and automation technologies with facilities enables us to provide technically challenging solutions, from selective support of highly innovative start-ups to large-scale turnkey projects.
(keywords: Semiconductor, semicon, semi-conductor, “semi conductor”, “Field Service”, “Customer Service Engineer”, “Customer Service Technician”, “Equipment Technician”, “Maintenance Technician”, "resource engineer")