Indigenous Internship – Engineering/Construction Management
Our client is seeking Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to join their team in a Paid Internship position
- Casual Position, working approximately 3 days per week (Flexible)
- Role suited to a university student or recent graduate, studying Engineering or Construction Management
- Located in Macquarie Park, Sydney
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, who specialises in the design and construction of education, health, commercial, infrastructure, aged care and government projects. This organisation is offering the right candidate a casual position during the University semester, with opportunities for additional work during semester breaks. This is an excellent opportunity for you to start your career path now – you will utilise your studies, develop your skills and experience and build your confidence in the workplace.
In this role, you will assist the Project Team and Estimating Team with a wide range of duties such as document control, preparation of requests for quote, trade comparisons, preparation of Subcontracts; procurement of subcontractor pre-start WHS information, subcontract administration, head contract administration and company administration tasks.
To be eligible to apply, you will:
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- Be available to work 3 days per week (working hours will be flexible around university commitments)
- Be able to easily get to the office in Macquarie Park
- Currently enrolled in university studying Engineering or Construction Management
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following skill and attributes:
- A keen interest in building a career in Commercial Construction
- High level computer skills particularly MS Office and Excel
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- ‘Can do” attitude - Show dedication and a willingness to learn all aspects of the business
This organisation offers a friendly and supportive environment to learn and grow in. Your manager is an experienced professional in their field and available to discuss any issues and to support you throughout your internship.
This vacancy is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, reflecting the commitment to the company’s Reconciliation Action Plan.
This is an urgent role, applications will be processed as they are received.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter. For further information, please contact Jasmine Rowe on 0404 064 975 or firstname.lastname@example.org