Experienced in sourcing, negotiating and purchasing complex mechanical/electrical components. Manages the purchase order process from project to purchase order to acceptance into stock. Coordinates the purchase and delivery of raw materials to our fabrication and machining suppliers. The role will work with the engineering team to organize inventory, expedite parts for jobs and improve tasks within ERP System. Tracks and monitor the progress of all open purchase orders to assure on time delivery to meet production schedule. Identifies and executes cost reduction opportunities.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include
- Conduct procurement activities in accordance with Nova policies.
- Work in ERP system and manage inventory and place purchase orders with communication.
- Conduct meetings within engineering team to organize parts needed for upcoming projects.
- Place purchase orders on a timely basis.
- Select and arrange for the appropriate shipping method and carrier.
- Confirm placed orders with the Supplier.
- Track and monitor the progress of all open orders.
- Assure on-time delivery of all purchase orders to meet production schedules.
- Coordinates the purchase and delivery of raw material.
- Provides requested information and prepare required reports regarding component due dates and actions taken to resolve any delays, scheduling or other issues.
- Identifies, researches, and negotiates cost and lead time reductions both individually on their own initiative and as part of a project team.
- Negotiates with suppliers to expedite or improve delivery dates to meet changes in the production schedule.
- Primary responsibility for the interface with and management of assigned suppliers.
- Monitors, analyses and manages stocked part inventory levels, safety stocks and usage volume to minimize inventory value and make solid purchasing decisions.
- Resolves and documents any purchase order / invoice discrepancies.
- Tracks, manages and processes back charges for return to supplier and supplier rework processing of rejected components.
- Monitors supplier on-time and quality performance and manages deficient performance as necessary.
- Other tasks, duties and projects as may be assigned. Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- Four year college degree. Engineering or Supply Chain degree preferred.
- 5-7+ years purchasing experience (3-5+ years purchasing experience in a mechanical component/machinery manufacturing environment) in a MRP environment with demonstrated above average purchasing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate price, delivery and terms to meet quality requirements and production schedule timelines.
- Ability to learn equipment, machining operations, machine tools and equipment, metals, castings and various other raw materials.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, GD&T, engineering specifications and bills of material.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and ERP system experience.
- Good understanding of inventory management techniques including safety stock, carrying costs and obsolescence. ISM or APICS Certifications preferred.
- Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.