The Controls Engineer position is accountable for the planning, development, design, and coordination of control systems in the Memphis, TN facility and Corporate Projects as assigned. Specific accountabilities include: evaluating manufacturing processes to improve product quality, process efficiencies and machine reliability; failure analyses; developing new control systems and modifying existing systems; leading project activities in the areas of controls/electrical design and equipment integration.
- Manage activities of cost reduction projects – write AFE update reports.
- Monitor and improve machine process, develop work instructions and train employees.
- Participate in implementing safety improvements.
- Evaluates and improves manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting Programmable Electronic Systems.
- Participate in projects that support in reducing downtime and scrap.
- Organize, plan and commission new or modified production lines.
- Modify control system logic and industrial machinery to optimize equipment performance and control.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Read and understand pneumatic, hydraulic, electric and electronic documentation and drawings and interpret equipment data.
- Electrical Schematic documentation for corporate
- Provide training to operators, supervisors, managers on new or modified processes.
- Strong understanding of Allen Bradley Control Systems, RS Logic 5000 & Siemens S7
- Works with maintenance department to ensure preventative and predictive maintenance compliance.
- Programs software to configure and/or make modifications to automated systems and process control systems, which will include maintaining a backup library of robotic, PLC and other instrumentation software.
- Evaluates, selects and coordinates with outside vendors for design, machining and fabrication of tooling and systems.