||The Plant Manager leads a competent team by example in providing daily and long term leadership of plant operations to ensure low cost and reliable production. The role is accountable for delivering results in key areas including: employee health and safety, food safety, product quality, delivery (customer service), operational and maintenance reliability, and cost of product manufactured.|
- Drive Health & Safety ownership across all levels of leadership and team members through communication, training and active participation and ensure internal processes are in place to achieve 100% compliance with company H&S standards.
- Ensure compliance with food safety operating standard (GMP) and maintain relevant accreditations to ensure plant meet customer audit requirements.
- Build a strong bakery leadership team through setting clear objectives and expectations with measurable success criteria and provide development, coaching and resource support as needed.
- Build strong capability in all levels of leadership through coaching, mentoring and leveraging training and development plans.
- Lead (through the bakery leadership team), using a systemic approach, the daily identification and resolution of production problem root causes that impact safety, quality, service and cost.
- Deliver against annual cost targets through maximizing resource utilization and production capacity, and strategically optimizing overhead spend.
- Lead continuous improvements to manufacturing processes to deliver target KPIs for safety, quality, waste, unplanned downtime, process capability, schedule adherence, fill rate, and cost/kg.
- Enable growth opportunities through building project justifications for capacity and capability upgrades.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure working capital, quality, and fill rate targets are met.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience as a plant/operations manager
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, listening) to engage effectively with all levels of the manufacturing operation
- Proven planning and/or project management capability to deal with concurrent issues and projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to build strong collaborative teams that are empowered, capable and driving successful results