Job Title: Laborer/Set-Up 1
Date Posted: 10/4/2019
Location: York, SC
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Immediate 9 month position available in York, SC
- The Laborer/Set-Up role is responsible for loading and unloading pumps, hoses and other pump related accessories on and off of Xylem delivery trucks and third-party freight carriers.
- The Laborer/Set-Up will also maintain a clean and orderly yard environment to enable safe and efficient movement of motorized loading equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and pull hose, pipe and fittings to fulfill rental and sales contracts.
- Work in cooperation with material handlers to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains or other securement methods.
- Ensure yard and loading areas are clear of debris and trash; accessories and equipment are organized and easy to access.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks.
- Participate in a rotating after hours on-call schedule to meet customer emergency needs.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies.
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- High school or general equivalency degree
- Prior experience in a construction or industrial work environment preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Forklift certification preferred
- Frequent heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Full range of physical motions associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
- Yard: Continual exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; exposure to noise and fumes generated from motorized equipment.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.