CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
ANECA Federal Credit Union
ANECA Federal Credit Union is looking for an accounting whiz to join as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). In this position, you will report to the CEO and oversee the financial and strategic performance of the credit union. The CFO will oversee and monitor the financial performance, lead the financial strategy and other strategic initiatives, and ensure that resources are fully optimized for the credit union’s continued growth.
This is a growing and innovative credit union with a high performing team and offers a vibrantly unique culture for someone ready to be their Chief Financial Officer. This community focused credit union needs a collaborative communicator to lead the finance and accounting areas.
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is required, MBA or CPA preferred. Strong accounting skills required.
A few of the position’s finance and accounting functions:
- Understand and contribute the ALCO by managing the asset/liability management process.
- Manage the investment portfolio.
- Accurately measure, record, and report the financial performance of the credit union. Ensure ANECA’s financial activities follow sound financial principles by GAAP and comply with all appropriate credit union and government body regulations. Provide organizational guidance on developing and evolving changes to GAAP.
- Measure and report the financial performance of branches and departments within the organization.
- Lead the budgeting process.
- Ensure the reconciliation and reporting for the A/P, A/R, G/L is efficiently and effectively carried out by the accounting team.
- Complete the call report and other regulatory reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Provide appropriate accounting for merger and acquisition activity.
- Help implement and manage regular audit processes to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Oversee and support annual external financial statement audit.
- Have expertise, or ready to learn, M&A evaluation.
ANECA (Arkansas Natural Employees Credit Association) was started in 1939 to serve the employees of Arkansas Louisiana Gas Company (Arkla). In 2009, they expanded their field of membership to a community charter to serve all residents in Bossier, Caddo, and DeSoto Parishes. Today, their strong and steady financial performance, energetic management team, and proven operations model are generating strong results. From their involvement with local schools to supporting economic growth and development, ANECA is woven into the fabric of the community. Their free community events are unrivaled. Easter Eggstravaganza, held the weekend before Easter, and Party in the Park, held in the fall, are wildly successful. These family-friendly events bring together thousands of people from all areas of the community. They believe that by being the spark, they can create a wildfire of kindness and giving. ANECA knows that employees are truly their greatest asset. With that in mind, they maintain a family-first culture. They are proud that every single ANECA employee-parent attended their child’s field day last year! They foster a fun environment that nurtures empowerment, idea-sharing, and teamwork. Collaboration can be seen between departments, between branches, and through all levels. As their greatest asset, they invest in their team by developing employee skills through regular continuing education and training.
Shreveport is located in the Northwest corner of Louisiana. It is the third-largest city in the state and the 113th-largest city in the United States. It is the seat of Caddo Parish and extends along the Red River into neighboring Bossier Parish. From music tours to a leisurely stroll through the rose gardens, Shreveport and Bossier City offer must-see attractions and fun things to do for the entire family. Explore the destination’s multitude of experiences such as performing arts, museums, art galleries, and historic places. Learn about Northwest Louisiana’s history and heritage by visiting the Louisiana State Exhibit Museum. Tour Barksdale Global Power Museum, located on Barksdale Air Force Base. Or take your picture with “The King” on Elvis Presley Boulevard. There’s no better way to experience the unique blend of cultures found in Shreveport and Bossier City than to sit down to a meal at a local restaurant. Traditional Cajun and Creole cuisine, soul food and “country cooking,” Texas-style barbecue, and the international flavors of global cuisine are all on the menu in local eateries. Shreveport is a wonderful place to visit and an even better place to live….y’all will love it!
An excellent competitive compensation package will be offered to the selected candidate.