Community Financial Institution
A small, distinguished financial institution, whose mission is to provide value to their membership while managing a sound well-capitalized financial institution, is seeking an accounting manager. This institution strives to build relationships through personalized banking.
The accounting manager is accountable for:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with other Accounting Manager personnel to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work with the Asst. Treasurer to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
Candidates will need:
- a minimum of five years management experience in a financial institution
- bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree with an area of specialty in finance and accounting is preferred
- experience in accounting and finance
- Community bank or Credit Union experience a must
This financial institution is in a small town on Long Island. With a population of 25,000, residents get a small town feel but are also lucky enough to be near the big city. Benefits for this position include medical and dental, a 401(k) with an employer match, life insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, nine paid holidays and two paid personal holidays. Compensation is up to $150,000.