Our client: A global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide .
Your Role: This position will play a key role in all aspects of the site operation, including the site build as Facilities Project Manager during construction, as well as developing a staff structure and filling those positions as needed. The WOW factor on the role is the career progression both from a geographic and functional view point. The role requires technical competencies and leadership skills.
- Ensure world class Health, Safety, and Environmental performance at the plant
- Responsible for leading and directing operations on site including HSE, Quality Control\Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Process and Project Engineering, Supply Planning, and Logistics.
- Responsible for executing the Manufacturing Strategy at the site level.
- Works closely with Regional Directors, Functional Leaders, and Commercial Segment leaders to ensure plant operations consistently meet customer needs
- Responsible to maintain compliance with all local, state and governmental regulation as well as internal guidelines and standards adherence
- Interact and maintain good working relationship with local, municipal, state and governmental agencies
- Be a part of Industry council/body (which includes all neighboring industries) and work with shared resources for Emergency response, First aid, training, other services etc.
- Familiar with all labor laws and maintain a cohesive non-union work force
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement at the site
- Develop and execute CAPEX plans for the plant.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and mentor staff as required.
Must Haves: You'll have a considerable 10 + years manufacturing experience in a variety of manufacturing and\or engineering project management roles in various environments including batch and continuous chemical manufacturing. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is a must.
Managing Expectations: At Mindfield we are driven by mutually agreed KPIs and service levels. Exceptional results can only be delivered when we understand both our key stakeholders clients and candidates. Keeping this in mind we would request that when applying for a role do take cognizance of the “must haves” to avoid disappointment. Sometimes positions take time to close and there could be delay in us responding to you but we will respond. Look forward to a long term relationship. …..Mindfield ..making a difference.