The Field Systems Engineer position provides a vital role of connecting the businesses product offerings to specific customer requirement sets. The successful candidate will utilize Curtiss broad ranging embedded products to guide customers to cost effective, innovative technical solutions to meet their program technical requirements. Much of this work will be on customer sites, working directly with the customer's leading design engineers. Our Field Systems Engineers approach customer engagements from a holistic view, to better understand customer technical requirements and guide them toward solutions, using products as technology building blocks. They specialize in the company’s Command, Control, Communication and Computer Systems (C4S) offerings but also maintain a working knowledge of the other products. They support the business capture team in developing winning proposals around unique technical solutions, and assist in developing an effective pricing and business capture strategy while supporting the customer through their decision process. Interactions will involve many facets of the organization including direct customer interaction, sales, internal engineering, local business management and executive level management.
- Works collaboratively with sales as a technical consultant for products during pre-award efforts to effectively represent company offerings.
- Takes on territory’s lead technical role in identifying and developing solutions solve customers’ technical program challenges.
- Develops detailed needs statements from potential customers and is able to discuss/develop detailed system architecture solutions for new business opportunities during those discussions.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Leads technical discussions and collaboratively develops technical solutions with business unit specialists.
- Addresses technical questions and may provide pre-sales technical support of products to customer base.
- Plays an active role in providing technical content for proposals in response to RFQs.
- Stages and prepares demonstration hardware and software for customer evaluations, trade shows, and sales calls.
- Provides customer feedback to business unit teams to better support business development efforts and improve product offerings.
- 5-7 yrs comp SW/HW design for embedded real-time applications
- Strong systems engineering or program mgmt. experience desired.
- Strong communication skills, able to lead technical discussions with customers’ senior technical teams
- Strong knowledge of embedded computing hardware, including I/O hardware (i.e., Ethernet, switch fabrics including RapidI/O and StarFabric, SCSI) Both Intel and PowerPC and relevant system controller experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems
- Team player committed to customer satisfaction
- Required: BS/MSEE or BS/MSCS or an equivalent required. Additional electronics and any business related education is a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates who have developed within the Defense & Aerospace embedded environment.
- Experience in making customer presentations, and in face-to-face customer discussions and negotiations regarding complex technologies
- Experience developing technical solutions
- Experience working to develop and implement a customer win strategy, including assisting in developing pricing strategies