We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, consulting, training, technology and analytics services. We combine subject matter expertise with industry experience to help public, private, and nonprofit organizations achieve lasting results. We partner with our clients to identify their most critical challenges, offer expert advice, and deliver real-world solutions that transform business and society. BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following industries: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, health, children and families, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, diversity and inclusion, and energy.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity access for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
The US Department of Human Services, Administration of Children and Families (ACF), Children’s Bureau (CB) Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative, Center for States (the Center). The Center’s purpose is to help agencies build their capacities to improve child welfare practice and achieve safety, permanency, and well-being for children, youth, and families. BCT takes great pride in supporting our clients: The Center, its clients and providers and the communities they serve.
The Program Assistant provides program support and manages invoices, expenses, travel, logistics and contracts for up to 40 family and young adult consultants working with the Center. He/she/they will have outstanding organizational skills with a strong attention to details, the ability to independently perform tasks, follow procedures, meet deadlines, seek guidance and communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Onboard new Family and Young Adult Consultants (up to 20 per year): draft, edit, and modify consultant contract agreements; process onboarding documents, including contracts and W-9s; update consultant management system with new consultant information; and provide training to new consultants on invoicing and travel policies and procedures.
- Process bi-monthly consultant invoices (up to 50 per month): collaborate with consultants and Center staff to ensure timely submission, processing, and approval of invoices; review invoices for accuracy and completeness; update expense management system with current Center invoice codes; enter invoices into expense management system for approval; prepare monthly consultant invoicing reports; update consultant management system with invoice processing information.
- Maintain consultant project information submitted by Center staff: update consultant management system with new project information; track scopes of work, dates, and labor hours associated with consultant projects.
- Process consultant travel requests: review travel request forms for accuracy and completeness; collaborate with consultants and Center travel provider to ensure timely submission and processing of travel requests; review travel itineraries and confirmations for accuracy and completeness; ensure travel logistics.
- Participate in regular calls with Family and Young Adult consultants, the Center’s consultant services team, and other Center staff: collect project status information from consultants and Center staff engaged in service delivery; provide regular updates on family and young adult consultant engagement to Center staff; assist Project Manager in identifying success stories, challenges, and opportunities to improve consultant professional development training and support
Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by management in support of BCT’s goals and objectives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2 + years’ experience in a professional office environment, regularly performing administrative, general accounting and office management tasks, ideally in support of one or more senior/executive leaders.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college is preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational, administrative and project coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; proven ability to successfully initiate and perform tasks, meet deadlines and follow procedures without direct, on-site supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to details and the ability to accurately perform basic accounting, expense reporting, recordkeeping and travel logistics duties.
- Experience working in a remote work environment, where interactions with colleagues, supervisors and clients generally occur via email, phone, video conference, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and orally), exercise sound judgment, ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Able to, both independently and collaboratively, solve problems, make decisions and support change.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computers, the Internet, web-based applications, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Personal lived experience in child welfare (as a child or youth in care or a birth parent, foster parent, adoptive parent, or relative caregiver) preferred, but not required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to BCT Partners via firstname.lastname@example.org. BCT Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the diversity of our communities and encourage candidates of all races, colors, ages, religions, sex, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, veteran or disability statuses to apply for BCT positions. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.