|Job Title||Executive Chef (Expat)|
|Max Salary||4,500.00 USD|
|Job Description||A very interesting & challenging role in a 5* boutique resort with +/- 50 villas.|
Our client, a small but expanding group in the Maldives
Our client has an incredible reputation in the Maldives as a top-performing resort, solid occupancies amidst increasing competition, and fantastic repeat guest frequency.
The resort has strong, down-to-earth and reputable ownership.
Our client is looking for someone with fine dining experience who is capable of taking a generous targeted food cost, with access to most ingredients imaginable, and who can bring the food to the next level.
Our client would consider a current young executive chef or head chef or chef de cuisine, or even a very strong
Please note that this position is available for Expats only.
• Accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations
• Exhibits culinary talent by personally performing tasks, while leading the kitchen team and managing all food-related functions
• Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility
• Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced
• Responsible for guiding and developing staff
• Ensures that sanitation and food standards are continually maintained
• Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas
• This is a #1 role with direct report to the onsite Expat Resort Manager
• Experience working in fine dining / Michelin star level
• 5* & resort experience preferred
• Experienced working in fine dining / gourmet restaurants within hotels and resorts preferred
• Experienced working in Asia and / or similar remote work-life, will be beneficial
• Innovative with cuisine through both modern and classical techniques, sources quality ingredients and respects local availability
• Very hands-on, still loves to cook and produces food of a high level with great attention to presentation
• Flexible and able to cater to particular guest requests / preferences / allergies
• Comfortable spending longer periods of time on an island location
• Strong Mediterranean cooking background
• Good understanding of pastry area, preferred but not obligatory
• Experience with ordering through global suppliers, understanding of logistics
• Understanding of food costing and recipe creation
• Leads by example and is very involved with the team, cooking with and training
• Guest centric and willing to touch tables, build rapport with guests
• Can work with and lead multiple nationalities
• Clean and tidy in their work environment, adhering to hygiene standards
• Can develop and implement new standards and procedures
• Knowledgeable in food costing and recipe creation
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
• People friendly, sensitive to staff needs and a great team player
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel and guests
• Computer literate
• Strong leadership skills and result oriented
• Well organized, energetic, young, hands-on and able to work independently
• Hard working and able to work efficiently under pressure
• Team player with excellent communication skills
• Excellent people skills and strong motivator
• Cool and calm temperament
• Innovative and passionate about training
• Young, talented, and energetic
• Ambitious and creative
• Flexible working hours
Due to the remoteness of the location, our client is only able to consider single status.
NOTE: while the salary might be on the low side for some, since there is very limited possibility to spend money, this is actually the ideal job to save most of your salary!
Your application should include a detailed CV briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements.
You can be assured of our absolute confidentiality at all times, your personal details will not be sent out to a client unless we have first discussed the opportunity with you and have obtained your permission to do so.
We are paid a fee by our clients, for applicants our service is completely free of charge.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are not able to provide personalized feedback to each applicant. While every applicant will receive a reply, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities, go to our Job Page.
Global Expat is specialized in senior recruitment for the Asia Pacific hospitality industry.
Join us on LinkedIn Global Expat LinkedIn and/or Facebook Global Expat Facebook to stay up-to-date of our daily new vacancies and interesting industry news.
We look forward to receive your application.
Global Expat Team.