Our mission is to provide insights about diverse people the lead to equity. Our vision is a world where a greater understanding of diverse people leads to equity. By 2022, we endeavor to be a national leader in helping organizations make better decisions, improve outcomes and amplify their impact toward a more equitable society.
We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, training, consulting, technology, and analytics services. We are also a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following industries: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, health, children and families, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, diversity and inclusion, and energy.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity access for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
The US Department of Human Services, Administration of Children and Families (ACF), Office of Head Start (OHS). OHS’ mission is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of low-income children through health, educational, nutritional, social, and other services, as necessary. The Head Start Regional Program Unit is the funding agency to grantees that provide Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) services to pregnant women and children from birth to age 5. OHS provides oversight of these grantees through monitoring and technical assistance, often with the support of partners like BCT.
The Program Manager oversees and manages the delivery of professional, technical and administrative support for Head Start and Early Head Start grantees through high quality programmatic, grants management, administrative and technical analysis services to the Regional Office. The Program Manager must monitor and maintain the quality of BCT’s work for the Client. This includes but is not limited to managing interactions with the Client and overall client relationship; ensuring staff provide reliable, high quality information and records management, as well as program management, grants management and administrative support. He/she/they leads and manages the on-site duties by planning, executing, monitoring and improving the work and related processes; establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with the Client; ensuring proper administration and compliance with project requirements; and preparing, participating and responding to monitoring reviews and their results. This is a supervisory position, requiring the Program Manager to take responsibility for leading, directing and managing the work and needs of an on-site BCT team of 8 people.
- Plan, execute, monitor and modify the program work and processes via a detailed plan; assume responsibility for the program deliverables and results.
- Track and manage all Regional Office (RO) activities, timelines, resources, outcomes, etc.
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place to support the full functionality of project activities; modify as needed to support efficiency and improvement.
- Develop a clear and well-defined communication plan that considers all stakeholders.
- Develop a clear and well-defined quality control plan which includes reporting and corrective action instructions.
- Serve as the on-site point of contact and the primary interface with the Client.
- Prepare timely and accurate Monthly Status Reports.
- Provide Task Summary Reports as required by the Client.
- Oversee the award and administration of discretionary grants and review of incoming grantee requests to ensure compliance with program and fiscal requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all official electronic grant files for new and continued grant awards.
- Participate in onsite grantee visits as requested, including follow-ups and desk reviews as part of the triennial monitoring review process.
- Review programmatic status reports, monitor review findings, and work with assigned Program and Fiscal Specialists to assist programs in resolving any issues, non-compliances or deficiencies.
- Ensure staff understand their duties and are aware of performance expectations and deadlines.
- Monitor staff productivity and work quality; provide regular on-going and constructive feedback, and supportive coaching.
- Build and model a team mentality, inspiring a shared vision.
- Lead, challenge and inspire staff; support and nurture growth.
- Be open to and receive complaints; resolve problems and involve senior leaders and Human Resources as needed or required.
- Participate in the staff hiring, training and performance evaluation processes.
- Ensure adherence to legal, BCT, and Client policies and procedures; involve senior leaders and/or Human Resources in matters requiring disciplinary or legal action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, business administration, or related field from an accredited university or college; Master’s Degree is a plus, but not required.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with at least 7 years managing administrative systems, administrative projects and supervising multiple staff members; experience with grants management, monitoring and evaluation also desired.
Strong administrative, organizational, analytical and technical skills.
- Experience charting, graphing and analyzing data, and organizing/managing workflows and processes across multiple, often disparate databases, formats and resources; experience with grants management administration strongly desired.
- Experience managing information and records in a complex Microsoft-centric environment.
- Experience effectively managing multiple priorities and negotiating necessary changes with stakeholders.
- Computer, Internet and Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint proficiency; advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to leverage strong interpersonal and communication skills to build effective collaborative relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Ability to contextualize information, connect program goals with daily activities, and develop/improve frameworks, standards, procedural and/or information management solutions in support of Client and staff needs.
- Ability to, both independently and collaboratively, solve problems, make decisions and manage change.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the Client and staff, exercise sound judgment and be open to the input and decisions of others.
- Experience leading, managing and motivating high performing teams; effectively communicating with, delegating to, involving and developing staff to foster an environment of mutual support and respect.
- A confident, supportive and approachable demeanor.
Beneficial, but not required
- Knowledge of the Federal Grant Life Cycle is desired.
- Experience with Head Start/Early Head Start or other early childhood programs or working within a Head Start program is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Head Start Program Performance Standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws also a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to BCT Partners via our LinkedIn posting. BCT Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the diversity of our communities and encourage candidates of all races, colors, ages, religions, sex, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, veteran or disability statuses to apply for BCT positions. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
 Job descriptions serve to provide guidance and information regarding position responsibilities and job expectations. BCT Partners reserves the right, where permitted by law, to modify position responsibilities, sometimes without notice or written updates to the job description documents.