General Operator / Packer
Department: Production Reports to: Shift Supervisor
In case of absence: Shift supervisor shall assign personnel to cover this position.
Job summary: Pack finished product in an efficient and timely manner, and to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met
- Perform box count quality checks
- Monitor product and remove physically defective product
- Perform routine checks of metal detector function
- Record product, packaging and code information of specified forms
- Remove completed products and place them on conveyors or palletize as necessary
- Load materials into package processing equipment
- Maintain accurate product count
- Follow and understand all Good Manufacturing Practices, standard operating procedures, work instructions, and safety policies
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and perform tasks in support of the Master Sanitation Plan
- Communicate with supervisor to resolve quality issues
- Ability to work in fact paced environment
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Familiarity with HACCP
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Reviewed By: Daniel Bickei
Title: QA Manager / SQF Practitioner