Come make our Sticks that are selling all over the country.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct reports. Reports to Room Leader and Production Supervisor.
- Learn and follow Safe Quality Food (SQF) Good Manufacturing Practices, personnel safety and business guidelines.
- Hold non-conforming product and equipment.
- Follow QMS standards, policies and procedures
- Provide coverage in the absence of other Production Team Members, as directed by Room Leads or Production Supervisors.
- Comply with all company rules and procedures.
- Keep work area clean and orginized
- Learn from production leaders and follow directions.
- Work as part of a team and under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisors and/or Room Leaders, with fresh and/or cooked meats to transform them from raw meat into delicious cooked and smoked meats.
- Production tasks as directed by Room Leaders or Production Supervisors.
- Examples: Cutting summer sausage, loading product onto racks or into machine, boxing finished good, supporting pouching line, operating a pallet jack, etc.
- Conscientious – pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently.
- Strong work ethic.
- Builds trusting relationships with team members; can be counted on.
- Some experience working in a production environment, ideally with food or involving mechanical equipment.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to lift up to 60lbs., and/or 25lbs repeatedly.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to stand during full shift.
- Work in 38-degree F and often wet environment.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Visual ability to discern quality and cleanliness.
- Ability to follow food safety and workplace safety requirements.
Waterproof boots and smocks will be provided as needed.