Pre-Construction Manager / Senior Estimator
With more success than they know what to do with, a Southeastern construction company is seeking your expertise to accommodate their rapidly developing popularity in Southern Florida. They have an immediate need for a Sr. Estimator to join their team.
In this role, you will lead the pre-construction team to deliver services including budgeting, scheduling, organizing and defining roles and responsibilities with input from the Vice President of Operations. You will build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants (i.e. contractor, owner/developer, design professionals, and subcontractors) during the pre-construction phase. You will supervise, direct, and mentor pre-construction staff to ensure individual development. Develop and maintain business relationships to increase contract opportunities. You will prepare, reviews and evaluate takeoffs and estimates. Develops and maintains a database of historical costs data and normalizes data for current projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field
- 15+ years of experience in pre-construction and estimating on commercial construction projects
- 3+ years of management experience
- Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial construction project, assemble into one budget, and present to owners.
- Must be able to view things from a construction business owner’s perspective and present accordingly.
- Strong construction computer software skills including the ability to use construction estimating software, scheduling, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications.
- Proficient with PlanSwift, iSqFt, Pipeline, ProEst or other estimating and bid management software.