|Job Title||Chief Sommelier (Expat)|
Our client is a 5* very high end International Chain Resort with 100+ Rooms and 8 F&B Outlets.Apply
Note that this person should also be able to supervise the daily restaurant operation of the renown resort's high level fine dining restaurant.
This role will be reporting directly to the Director of Food & Beverage.
Please note that this position is available for Expats only.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Food & Beverage or related field
• Experience in 5 star luxury hotel from reputable brand
• Fine dining experience is a must
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position
• Dynamic individual with strong luxury foundation
• Excellent skill and knowledge about Wine
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of Sommeliers
• Able to promote, pair and up-sell wines face to face with the guests
• Manage and look after the dedicated Wine Room
• Host wine tastings and wine pairings sessions
• Manage all wine stocks, financials and cooperate with wine distributors
• Instruct and teach service staff on wine culture
• Possesses a positive attitude and displays confidence
• Able to set example of positive values of integrity, accountability, reliability and work as a team
• Positive thinking with a “can-do” attitude
• Excellent English both spoken and written
• Very operational, a real hands-on/on-the-floor person
• Exceptional people skills, able to adapt well to the local culture
• Very approachable, outgoing with easy manner in dealing with guests and associates
• Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and high diplomacy
• Great personality and positive attitude
• Creative and innovative mindset
• Highly interactive, people friendly, sensitive to staff needs and a great team player
• Able to deal effectively with guests in a luxury environment
• Flexible working hours
Your application should include a detailed CV briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements.
You can be assured of our absolute confidentiality at all times, your personal details will not be sent out to a client unless we have first discussed the opportunity with you and have obtained your permission to do so.
We are paid a fee by our clients, for applicants our service is completely free of charge.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are not able to provide personalized feedback to each applicant. While every applicant will receive a reply, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities, go to our Job Page.
Global Expat is specialized in senior recruitment for the Asia Pacific hospitality industry.
Join us on LinkedIn Global Expat LinkedIn and/or Facebook Global Expat Facebook to stay up-to-date of our daily new vacancies and interesting industry news.
We look forward to receive your application.
Global Expat Team.