Application and Product Support Engineer, Memphis, TN
The Application and Product Support Engineer position is a pivotal link between our technical solutions and our clients' needs. The primary responsibility is to provide comprehensive technical support and guidance to our customers, sales teams and contractors. This person plays a vital role in ensuring the successful integration and optimal utilization of our products. Technically adept professionals with exceptional communication skills and a passion for delivering high-quality solutions are an excellent fit for this multifaceted position.
Technical Support of New Opportunities and Leads:
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to provide technical support for new sales opportunities and leads, including the explanation of product features, installation procedures, and usage guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, focusing on the value that company products and services deliver to prospective customers.
- Assist and support sales teams in gathering information about customer needs and requirements.
- Recommend new or improved products and services to meet our customers unique needs.
Technical Evaluation of New Opportunities and Leads:
- Advise inside and outside sales teams on the technical suitability and availability of existing designs which are compliant with customer requirements and are safe and fit for purpose.
- Prepare specification compliance statements in response to customer specifications submitted.
- Compile necessary design calculations as technical justifications for new or existing designs, becoming proficient in using in-house design and calculation software.
- Review and check drawings to ensure function and applicability to customer requirements,
New Product Development:
- Identify customer requirements not met by existing systems, initiating new product design work and contributing design inputs and sketches to the engineering team.
- Collaborate with the global Engineering and Research & Development teams to provide insights and assist in providing engineering solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, sales, manufacturing, and quality assurance, to ensure seamless integration of new designs and successful product launches.
Technical Support and Collaboration:
- Provide technical advice, training, guidance, and demonstrations to the sales team, contractors, and end users regarding the installation and general use of company products and services.
- Collaborate with customers and engineering team on development and evaluation of installation equipment, gauges, and other ancillary equipment, requesting other Technical Department resources as necessary.
- Perform analysis and testing of product and equipment performance in both field and laboratory settings, making recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing facility, addressing customer-related issues and collaborating with production and quality teams to ensure successful product assembly and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical roles, including product support and application engineering.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks for creating complex 3D models, assemblies, and detailed engineering drawings.
- Thorough knowledge or the ability to learn the company’s product range and a working knowledge of Company’s permanent way engineering.
- Hands-on approach, with the ability to assist the engineering team in prototype creation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach when facing challenges.
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of accuracy and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive and self-motivated, capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptable and responsive to changing project requirements and priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout North America.
Please forward resume(s) to Lisa Barton at email@example.com
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net