Human Resources Generalist – Memphis, TN
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements HR strategies/initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy, including planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST JOB DUTIES:
- Manages the recruitment, interviewing and hiring process, including maintaining current job descriptions and requirements for all positions
- Establishes a recruiting, testing and interviewing program; conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates
- Bridges management and employee relations by addressing requests, grievances, or other issues
- Administers the annual evaluation process.
- Advises/trains managers to coach and discipline employees; schedules management conferences with employees; hears and resolves employee grievances; counsels’ employees and supervisors.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits available. Assesses benefit needs and trends; recommends benefit programs to management; designs and conducts educational programs for existing benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings. Compliance includes but is not limited to FMLA, DOL, Wage & Hour, etc.
- Reviews and periodically updates employee policies and procedures, including the handbook
- Designs and maintains historical human resource records filing and retrieval system; preferably digitally
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Supervises the Payroll Administrator and develops their skills through ongoing education and supervision
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Compensation and Wage Administration
- Employment Law Administration
- Benefits Administration
- Integrated HR Management Systems
- Performance Management
- Communication Skills (Verbal and written)
- Organizational Skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources plus a minimum of 3 years of experience or minimum six years of experience in a warehouse/light manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org