provide global cross-company process & application IT leadership for the Procure to Pay (PTP) and Plan to Manufacture (PTM) processes. Functional accountability includes all areas of demand/supply planning, procurement, external manufacturing, intercompany transactions, and inbound logistics.
This position is tasked with maintaining and supporting the SAP global template. The Senior Manager will have direct line responsibility for the IT functional resources, both external and internal. They will be the conduit to planners and operations business units.
This position requires the ability to lead, design, and be hands on with configuration where needed. They will have the technical background to understand our solutions and communicate status, issues, mitigate risks, and manage the functional area across all stakeholders to deliver successfully.
- Lead team through daily task assignments for production support and continuous improvement projects, ensuring compliance with appropriate project methodology
- Provide an IT center of expertise for PTP/PTM/IBP solutions, maintaining global standards, processes and driving common solutions across the enterprise
- Identify opportunities to establish joint IT & functional programs that develop and/or deploy new global capabilities
- Govern the scope of the existing PTP/PTM portfolio of IT applications throughout the system application lifecycle
- Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing team, providing engagement & line management responsibilities, information and functional/technical experts
- Create project and release plans, monitor project costs and schedule to ensure timely completion and implementation of projects within approved time and budget
- Understand business objectives, research, and provide guidance, options and proof of concepts (if appropriate) to solve business technology needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies/capabilities in the SAP PTP/PTM and IBP space.
- Evaluate product releases and identify new capabilities benefiting our organization, as well as a strategy for implementing those capabilities.
- Track and drive adoption of platform technologies and shared best practices across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in an SAP PTP/PTM environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management and project management techniques and methodologies.
- Understanding of SAP IBP concepts.
- Working knowledge of S&OP concepts and methodologies.
- Strong Functional SAP knowledge in Materials Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) and related module configuration (such as IM and WM) as well as functional integration knowledge of other modules such as FI and SD.
- Direct Line management experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience with leading projects with both on-site and remote resources.
- Experience with system management processes, business requirements, solution design and configuration, and user acceptance testing.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated creativity balanced with practicality to meet business objectives and team needs.
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.