Python Developer - Perm Position - Greater Memphis Area
A Python Developer is needed for a small to medium sized corporation that is global but is based the Greater Mid-South. This is a perm position offer excellent benefits and working with a great team.
The position requires a developer with experience and expertise building data-driven applications with multi-step workflows using the latest serverless technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test and implement web applications and microservices
- Support and maintain existing applications
- Monitor, debug and resolve problems with existing applications
- Use team development tools (Git, Chat, LiquidPlanner), project management, quality assurance, testing and integration protocols
- Understand complex business logic and implement complex algorithms in code
- Keep partners informed throughout the planning process and uses tools (mock-ups & wireframes) to communicate plans before coding
- Write end-user documentation and provide support & documentation to a non-technical audience
- Exercise creative problem-solving skills with refactoring, understanding the interdependencies of existing systems and focusing on making complex changes without interruptions to other systems or end-users
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Action Oriented – Demonstrates an action oriented focus with work produced. Proactively identifies areas of work that will positively impact work goals and objectives.
- Analysis and Problem Solving – Analyzes the assigned area identifying opportunities for more efficient processes. Demonstrates the ability to see problems and identify solutions.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening to internal and external customers identifying opportunities for positive impact on the work produced. Can accurately assess conversations and determine business need.
- Managing through Systems – Demonstrates the ability to design practices, processes and procedures that create a more productive work environment.
- Quality of Work Output – Produces work that is error free the first time with little waste.
- Tools and Technology- see Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Computer Science, Management Information Systems)
Minimum 5 years’ experience in:
- Python scripting or web applications
- Developing and consuming APIs / Web Services
- Software design for data-driven applications
- Git source control
- MySQL - Fluent in SQL query language
2 years’ experience in:
- Microservices / Container Services
- Automated testing (TDD, Unit Testing, Integration or Acceptance Testing, etc.)
- Python development in a Linux environment
- Database management and design with MySQL, SQLite, or other
Experience preferred in:
- Python ORMs (Alembic, SQLAlchemy)
- AWS (EC2 server management, RDS database management, etc.)