|Job Title||Account Manager, Precision Machining|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Wauseon Machine and Manufacturing, a leader in precision machining, custom robotic automation, and tube end forming has an immediate opening for an exciting and challenging career opportunity in our Sales organization. We are seeking an experienced Account Manager for our precision machining division.
• Develop a complete and accurate database of potential customers that fit with Wauseon Machine and Manufacturing’s target customer profile.
• Pursue and Solicit sales opportunities for Precision Machining and service business for both assigned and new prospective customer accounts.
• Qualify new customers and projects to ensure there is proper alignment between Wauseon Machine and Manufacturing capabilities and the customers’ requirements.
• Support and actively work with Estimating in developing quotations for new projects. Ensure scope and customer specifications are clearly defined and understood to ensure we are offering solutions the meet customer requirements and exceed expectations.
• Prepare robust SMART Sales Proposals the show how WMM is uniquely qualified to win the project.
• Function as the primary liaison between WMM and the customer during the quoting process.
• Provide sales “intelligence” to ensure understanding of costs, profitability, and probability of success in winning of all projects quoted.
• Grow and maintain a robust opportunity funnel aligned with sales and new business pursuit strategy for the company. Identify and qualify new sales opportunities. Develop win strategy for all opportunities based on the SMART Sales Methodology.
• Maintain CRM system for new and existing opportunities; monitor Booking forecast, set priorities, and follow up on all rough order of magnitude, budgetary, and firm fixed price quotes for assigned accounts.
• Administer the contract review process including scope, terms and conditions, pricing, and the competitive environment for each opportunity.
• Support active projects for assigned customers, as necessary. Project support includes assisting the project manager with change orders, customer approvals for key milestones, technical and commercial issue resolution, etc.
• Maintain Customer relationships through regular contact, follow up reporting, and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
• Travel to meet with customers. Travel to Wauseon Machine locations as required.
Desired Soft Skills
• Excel at developing clear sales growth strategies to meet opportunity pipeline and sales targets.
• Excel at developing win plans and capture strategies for targeted opportunities while holding self and team accountable to achieve.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and execute them in the time allotted.
• Ability to work hard and focus on producing results while working collaboratively with colleagues and at times independently based on the work requirements.
• Manage communications, messages, organization of data, and documenting of interpersonal interactions with colleagues, vendors, and customers; so clarity of facts is easily maintained and quickly recalled.
• Able to participate effectively in meetings that utilize people’s time efficiently.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Teams
• Desire and ability to thrive in a start-up culture
• Open to new challenges and enjoys figuring out way to improve current processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Proven track record of working remotely and meeting/exceeding goals
• Technical background and ability
• In depth usage of all office technology
• Comfortable presenting in large groups
• Working with C-Suite decision makers – virtual and in person
• Someone who takes their sales development seriously as demonstrated by on going learning, following methods/teachers/leaders in sales and can cite examples and practical application of these examples. Studies sales best practices.
• Continuous improvement mind set and willingness to grow and change
• High School
• Basic print reading
• 10+ years selling experience
• General working knowledge of precision machining
• Strong business acumen with a proven record of success. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at developing new accounts, growing existing accounts, develop strategies, and fostering customer relationships.
• Strong presence with exceptional communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation.
• Preference will be given to those who possess an excellent manufacturing or process engineering background, a superior mechanical aptitude and proven trouble-shooting skills.