Senior Azure Systems Engineer - Greater Memphis Area - Perm position
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for their corporate headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, optimization, and support of cloud and on-prem technology solutions related to IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and some critical business applications. A successful candidate must be able to translate business requirements into technical designs and implementation plans. Information security experience would be beneficial. This role will work closely with other members of the IT Department to design, implement, and manage technology solutions securely and efficiently.
- Design, manage, optimize, and support Microsoft Azure and Office 365 environments.
- Design and administer network (e.g., LAN/WAN/SD-WAN/VPN) and server infrastructure using proper segmentation, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Help optimize and support a UCaaS solution for multiple departments. Includes a complex call center environment with numerous workflows.
- Help enhance and optimize information security program. This includes cybersecurity, data security, and physical security.
- Diagnose and resolve complex software and hardware related incidents. Includes operating systems and a variety of software applications.
- Help create, maintain, and refine processes and procedures for system security, standardization, and controls throughout the organization.
- Document configuration details and system changes consistently and clearly.
- Test and deploy security updates and patches across all systems on a recurring basis.
- Assist in the maturation and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) program.
- Help meet all regulatory and security audit requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of technical experience related to the design, configuration, deployment, and optimization of complex IT solutions.
- Expert knowledge related to the design, administration, and management of Microsoft Azure and Office 365 is strongly desired. Include Azure AD, Azure App Services, Exchange Online, Teams, and OneDrive.
- Ability to work independently in an accurate, detail-oriented, and highly productive manner.
- Experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise networks.
- Fluency with dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and HSRP is preferred.
- Experience with firewalls, IPS, DLP, SIEM, remote access, application whitelisting, and endpoint security solutions.
- Extensive experience identifying and resolving complex technical issues.
- Adept at installing and managing Microsoft Windows servers.
- Experience with VMware and other virtualization solutions is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Linux is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Help mentor junior members of the IT department.
Education and Certifications:
- Intermediate certifications such as CCNP, Azure Administrator, or CEH are preferred.
- Advanced technical certifications in cloud platforms, networking, and/or cybersecurity are ideal.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field would be beneficial.
Please send your resume to: Lisa Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org