You will install, troubleshoot, repair and optimize mechanical, electrical and controls equipment related to conveyance and custom machinery. You will also use related tools and documentation to research and resolve issues.
- Mechanical equipment rigging, positioning and lagging
- Mechanical assembly of frames, motors, drives, chain, bearings, supports.
- Strong familiarity with basic settings, operations and diagnostic work for Programmable Logic Controllers, primarily Allen Bradley Compact Logic.
- Basic wire routing from source to point of use, including 120 V, 480 V, control & network communication wiring and sensors
- Equipment removal and relocation
- Provide, direct and coordinate all Mechanical and Electrical forces to disconnect required equipment at main disconnects, and reconnect equipment per designated termination points on drawings.
- Visual inspection and monitoring of machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas.
- Troubleshooting & Documentation – Common problem-solving skills and documentation of as-built and installation conditions and modifications
- Receive information and instruction from Shuttleworth site leader, process & technical documentation and diagrams
- Inspects and measures parts to detect and evaluate wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts and realigns and adjusts components.
- Accredited vocational or engineering technical degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience with industrial systems and machines
- 5+ years of experience with machine testing, validation, installation, preventative maintenance and repair
- Experience with industrial automation and the assembly of manufacturing equipment
- Extensive systems and PLC troubleshooting experience
- Thorough working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Prior experience reading electrical prints and schematics
- Basic computer skills with email, Excel, and Word
- Excellent communication skills, team player, and professional presence
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and focused on time management
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position