The Coiler/Assembler Operator-I will serve as an expert on all processes of the finish product of plastic and rubber assemblies, auxiliary equipment and processing. Good troubleshooting skills required. Responsible for set-up, changeover and troubleshooting.
- Setup, start-up and process of product assembly fixtures and wire manufacturing equipment in accordance with standard work instructions
- Ensure all secondary equipment is setup and running properly.
- Communicate all malfunction of equipment or tooling to the Supervisor
- Complete all documentation pertaining to machine setup and cleaning/prepping.
- Move material to proper location.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the setup and adjustments of tooling, machinery and auxiliary equipment. Document changes to cycles and job log / Self Inspection forms during setup/start-up.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Communicate best practices to other team members and shifts.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Required to have good visual acuity to perform activities such as visual inspection, operation of machines and using measurement devices.
- Be conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Should have good mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have general knowledge of hand tools.
- Capable of reading, understanding and following all job instructions.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the resolution of day-to-day production issues.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and always be well-presented.