SAP FICO LEAD
Gather business requirements and recommend solutions for SAP Financials initiatives. Responsible for configuration and deployment for ongoing Implementations and Continuous Improvement projects. This position involves 50% gathering and interpreting business requirements (working closely with accounting and cost teams) and 50% technical (configuration, writing functional specs, supporting testing, writing documentation, etc.). Responsible for supporting business users in implementations, new functionality, maintenance and upgrade of primarily Global SAP Financials, but not limited to.
- Serve as IT Lead Business Analyst focusing on SAP Global Financials for all subsidiaries.
- Liaison between business users and development teams, by translating and clarifying business requirements into technical requirements needed by the development team.
- Provide IT & business expertise in eliciting and defining requirements, formulating process flows, configuring systems, testing, and training users in multiple applications. Interface with the functional areas to gather reporting and analytical requirements to create detailed documentation
- Work as a business partner with client users across Accounting, Tax & Finance business areas.
- Document the functional requirements & business case for all requested changes.
- Support QA and user testing of the changes to the Financials including user training, defect analysis, and identifying resolutions for defects.
- Perform functional testing on newly developed functionality
- Work closely with application development managers and integration resources to build integrated solutions
- Create documents including data samples, use case, key project assumptions, report samples, proposed ad hoc samples, data flows, logical data models and other details
- Partner with business users across teams to capture requirements, analyze and leverage delivered system features/functions and explore new technical functionality
- Develop and execute test cases, comprehensive test plans and perform unit testing with system developers to ensure overall functionality and technical quality of deliverables.
- Manage all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, deployment, development, testing and maintenance.
- Facilitate prioritization of projects and requirements among varied business interests; Prioritize requirements and manage expectations; Partner with business leads to review the functional requirements for projects and determine feasibility.
- Uses individual judgment to make recommendations for actions within established framework of the area or for changes to established methods.
- Will present on occasion, internal initiatives to large groups, IT Steering Committee, and/or Senior Management
- Serves as escalation point for assigned work area. Handles non-routine issues, without referral to management, with minimal input or recommendations.
- Understand company goals and objectives worldwide and analyze the needs of the environment to meet goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with management of other areas to set priorities for different work efforts. Ensure adherence to change management procedure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices and integration. SAP FI and CO configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP FI and CO master data in order to evaluate and analyze the impact of configuration or process changes across other SAP modules.
- Strong business analyst skills.
- Experience with ECC 6.0, FICO, BPC, MM, SD, and QM integration knowledge.
- Global Financial experience preferred
- Minimum 2 full lifecycle implementations of SAP
- Demonstrated business-relationship skills
- Experience in conducting workshops with business users, understanding the business and data issues and arriving at systems solutions.
- Experience creating systems documentation, including functional specifications, gap analysis, configuration, and test scripts
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts and issues with non-technical audiences verbally and in writing.
- Will have the ability to see the big picture and how the SAP system fits into the organization and provides true business value.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively interface with business users.
- 3+ years experience in requirements gathering, validation, definition, and documentation
- 3+ years experience in defining, improving, and documenting business processes
- 3+ years experience in translating requirements into high quality functional specifications and design documents to drive development effort
5+ years experience supporting SAP
- Experienced in software development life cycle and IT Change Management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management
- Travel approx 30% (Domestic & International)