Summerfield Associates is looking for several Electricians for a 18 month long government project starting ASAP. Per diem available for out of town candidates.
Experience in industrial, commercial, underground utilities, highway and/or airfield lighting/landing systems construction projects is required.
Duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required but may generally include:
- Prefabricate, handle and place PVC conduit for electrical duct bank excavations in earth and pavement.
- Prepare and finish excavations for electrical duct banks which will include shovel work to clean and trim dirt in preparation of conduit/concrete placement
- Form, pour, finish, and strip concrete forms for electrical components, which also may include some rebar tying and placing.
- Install electrical cable from #6 bare copper counterpoise, #12AWG-750MCM, 600V phase, neutral and ground conductors up to 1/0AWG, 5kv phase conductors in conduit including terminations.
- Install lighting components including light bases, signs, fixtures, connector kits with related testing of circuits including insulation resistance, continuity.
- Install conventional building electrical components including pad-mounted and dry-type transformers, panelboards, devices, fixtures, EMT and GRS raceway and some specialty devices unique to the project.
- At times may be asked to operate equipment such as skid steers, trenchers (earth and rock), mini-excavators, backhoes, full size excavators
- Working hours are 7:00 a.m. (ready to work) till 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, subject to change to 10+ hour days including weekends as the project progresses.
- TN journeyman license preferred, not required.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening prior to reporting to work and must be able to meet the requirements of the MSCAA badging requirements.
- Preferred training credentials include OSHA 10 and/or 30, first aid/CPR, confined space, construction silica, NFPA 70 for qualified persons, competent person excavation and fall protection, arc flash awareness.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Electrician” in the subject line.
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award-winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net