Position Summary: Responsible for generating new business and growing existing accounts in digital transformation for new and/or existing customers. Prospects and develops new client relationships within a defined geography and in line with Convergint’s identified priorities. Develops and increases Key and National Account relationships to drive increased market share and sales opportunities.
Job Scope/Revenue Expectations: $1.5 - $3M Revenue
1. Identify market adjacencies to extend Convergint’s market leadership in computer vision technology beyond our traditional security and life safety customers
2. Help clients understand the transformative nature of AI based computer vision solutions and how they can reduce costs, increase profits, or achieve other business outcomes
3. Communicates project requirements to project team and wider organization as and when required.
4. Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
5. Proactively communicates project schedules, project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis with customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
6. Support sales and operational resources at Convergint Technology Centers to ensure successful adoption of new technologies that use AI, machine learning, Cloud computing, and similar disruptive technologies.
7. May coach and mentor developing colleagues.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Job Skills Requirements:
- Solid sales skills and ability to uncover effective customer solutions
- Solid teamwork skills
- Shows initiative – engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
- Very adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word and Power Point skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT networking principles
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of previous account development, sales or relevant experience preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation
- Previous experience in engineering or field services experience preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses a plus; must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Protective Clothing Required:
The position may require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, steel-toed shoes or work boots, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the colleague may be required to climb and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. Position may also require work in confined spaces and exposure to different types of outdoor weather conditions. Risk of electrical shock and/or general hazards found in a construction environment are present. The colleague may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.
The position is a virtual-based position with visits to work sites in the field. The colleague regularly performs work-related travel 25%-50%.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.