As an Automation Engineer, you’ll build customer-centric solutions to their automation and controls roadblocks. You’ll become a trusted advisor to clients in order to improve their plant’s performance.
You will be challenged to come up with innovative solutions that will free our customers to focus on what they do best. As a consultant, you will work with a multitude of technologies depending on what the client’s needs are. Here are SOME of the technologies and responsibilities that you could expect on a daily basis:
- Program and install PLC’s, HMI/SCADA systems, and VFD’s of all varieties.
- Work with networking components such as Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, or DeviceNet
- Responsible for automation and controls system design, specifications, programming, simulation, testing, as well as start-up assistance.
- Assist in developing a functional description of the automation solution such as the control scheme, alarms, HMI, reports, and others.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, test, repair, and improve sensing, measurements, and actuation devices
- Assist in defining the data structure layout and data flow model
- Provide detailed documentation to clients on systems designs and programming
- Perform other duties or work with other technologies as necessary
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE BEFORE
- Received a Technical Bachelor’s degree such as Computer Technology, Computer Systems Technology, Information Systems, or similar technical degree
- Have several years of experience (5+) as a Controls or Automation Engineer
- Programmed PLC’s using RSLogix500, RSLogix5000/Studio5000, Siemens Step7 or TIA Portal and other PLC’s using Ladder Logic, Structured Text, Function Blocks or Sequential Function Charts (SFC’s)
- Designed, created, and programmed HMI Screens in Wonderware InTouch (highly preferred) FactortyTalk View, Ignition, or others.
- Worked with networking components
- Worked with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s)