Position Summary: Responsible for sales and business development activities for a specific territory and/or line of business ( in this case Fire Alarms). Recruits and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for Account Executives.
Minimum of eight years of successful sales experience, including five years in the area of commercial fire alarm required
Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
||- Develops a business plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Recruits, and hires Account Executives based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Responsible for creating, monitoring and revising lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. Finds new and creative ways of engaging with customers. Responsible for capturing the attention of potential customers and presenting new solutions and services that the CTC has to offer.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives.
- Prepares action plans for individuals as well as for team for effective search of sales leads and prospects. Ensures that customers are informed of new product/service introductions and prices.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one reviews with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executives sales and activity performance. Provides feedback to senior management regarding performance. Managerial responsibilities include but are not limited to: mentoring, coaching and developing colleagues; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; project budget.
- Works with team to provide competitive pricing on proposals and strives to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses. Assists Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Manages budget and improves forecasting accuracy for sales function and projects, ensures cost efficiency
- Collaborates with Convergint colleagues (Ops, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure jobs are planned and executed properly.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
||- Advanced coaching, mentoring, and Colleague development skills
- Highly energetic and results-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong verbal/written communication and outstanding presentation skills
- A strong understanding of the local market
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to work independently and manage sales team
- Strong analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions
- Strong ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and Colleagues