|Job Title||Director of Operations (Expat)|
|Location||Ho Chi Minh|
Our client is a very well established & respected group which already operates a good number of properties in Vietnam.
The group is now launching a new 3* contemporary life-style brand with already several confirmed projects in various stages of development.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the establishment of the brand, concepts and strategies; as well as setting up the first hotel.
This position will report to the Vice President Operations and will be based in Ho Chi Minh City with frequent traveling around Vietnam.
• Vietnam experience highly preferred, South East Asia experience a must
• Corporate experience, at least at Cluster level
• Midscale hotel operational experience is a +
• International brand experience
• Experience in hotel openings, conversions and/or re-brandings
• The position requires someone who thinks “like an entrepreneur”
• Must be able to blend in with the company culture and philosophy
• Strong financial, leadership, and project management skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Sound delegation, negotiation and diplomacy skills
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills
• Excellent planning skills, target and detail oriented
• Strong focus on brands and operations efficiencies
• Able to travel frequently
• Strong personality, fair but tough leader who generates respect
• Thorough knowledge of hotel's operating policies & standards
• Strong technical and operational knowledge
• Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
• Flexible, adaptable, able to think creatively as plans evolve and events unfold
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong cultural sensitivity
• Strong influencing skills; persuasive, able to win support and engagement of others
• Commands the respect of others; recognized as a person of high integrity, sincerity and in whom others place their trust
• Ability to creatively execute strategies and drive results
• Ability to network and build relationships to improve the efficiency and growth of the business
• Attention to details and guest satisfaction enhancements
• Quality orientated
• Strong in cost control, budgeting and P&L management
• Computer literate
• Dynamic, energetic, hands-on, motivated, innovative
• People friendly, sensitive to staff needs and a great team player
• Well presented, sociable, outgoing pleasant personality
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, even when under pressure
• Highly effective communication skills, including mentoring and coaching
• Highly committed and results-oriented
Your application should include a detailed CV briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements.
You can be assured of our absolute confidentiality at all times, your personal details will not be sent out to a client unless we have first discussed the opportunity with you and have obtained your permission to do so.
We are paid a fee by our clients, for applicants our service is completely free of charge.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are not able to provide personalized feedback to each applicant. While every applicant will receive a reply, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities, go to our Job Page.
Global Expat is specialized in senior recruitment for the Asia Pacific hospitality industry.
Join us on LinkedIn Global Expat LinkedIn and/or Facebook Global Expat Facebook to stay up-to-date of our daily new vacancies and interesting industry news.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Global Expat Team.