IT PMO Portfolio Manager with heavy Financials – Greater Memphis Area – Perm Position
My client is seeking an IT PMO Portfolio Manager to join their team. This position can be virtual or on-site.
Reporting to the IT PMO Director, the IT PMO Manager has enterprise wide project portfolio execution and financial management governance oversight responsibilities across all business functional area project portfolios. In this capacity, the IT PMO Manager chairs the enterprise wide IT Steering Committee (ITSC) comprised of executive/senior management business partners and facilitates operational and financial reviews of all business area project portfolios. The IT PMO Manager also defines policies and processes to support enterprise wide business functional area IT Business Partners (ITBPs) responsible for performing IT project portfolio management (PPM) functions within the project delivery framework (PDFW). The IT PMO Manager responsibilities also include forging strategic partnerships with both the US and International finance organizations for the purposes of developing, implementing, and providing governance oversight over IT capital expense (Capex) investment policies globally. This includes enterprise wide IT Capex purchases and projects. The IT PMO manager conducts capital and operating expense financial analyses and produces upline reporting for all enterprise wide IT projects. The IT PMO Manager collects, aggregates, and analyzes enterprise wide portfolio performance metrics across all business functional area IT project portfolios and reports KPI trends upline to executive leadership. The IT PMO Manager oversees and reports on enterprise wide portfolio IT demand/capacity planning, resource and schedule analyses. The IT PMO Manager is process owner for the enterprise wide project cost estimation, earned value management, and SOX audit control processes.
- Conducts enterprise wide project portfolio execution and financial management governance oversight responsibilities across all business functional area project portfolios.
- Chairs the ITSC; facilitates strategic executive/senior management enterprise wide portfolio management reviews; analyzes and identifies schedule and financial risks within the enterprise wide IT project portfolio; develops strategic risk mitigation recommendations; conducts and presents portfolio tradeoff/what-if analyses and recommendations; oversees and reports on enterprise wide portfolio IT demand/capacity planning and resource leveling analysis.
- Supports ITBPs and Project Managers with project resource and schedule management analysis; makes recommendations for IT project portfolio schedule optimization; analyzes enterprise wide portfolio performance metrics across all business functional area IT project portfolios and reports KP trends internally and upline to business executive/senior management leadership.
- Support ITBPs and PMs by analyzing and managing the financial health of enterprise wide IT project portfolio by tracking actual spend to planned spend; managing and adjusting financial forecasts; producing upline recurring and ad hoc reporting on financial management analysis results; supports global finance data call requirements; coordinates with finance partners to ensure accurate accounting for enterprise wide IT project spend.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with both the US and International finance organizations for the purposes of developing, implementing, and providing governance oversight over capital expense (Capex) investment policies globally. Conducts capital and operating expense financial analyses and products upline reporting for all enterprise wide IT projects. Executes month end and year end close financial analyses and reporting activities for the enterprise wide IT portfolio.
- Process owner for the enterprise wide project cost estimation, earned value management, and SOX audit controls processes.
- Must have very strong Financial Experience including understanding numbers, analysis, defining KPI's for P&L, forecasting on a Project
- Expertise with Planview (preferred) or other PPM tools; MS Project (.mpp), Atlassian JIRA, MS SharePoint; ERP financial management (JDE preferred); advanced Excel proficiency required.
- Understands PPM methodologies, SOX controls, international medical device industry regulation and compliance standards and GAAP.
- Demonstrated expertise with CAPEX and OPEX budgeting and P&L management.
- Takes initiative, thinks, and acts proactively to identify potential issues/problems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to set direction and manage expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience leading IT projects and/or IT project portfolios.
- 5+ years interacting with, and influencing, senior business and IT leadership.
- 5-7+ years budgeting or financial management of projects and/or portfolios.
- P&L financial management, accounting experience required.
- PMI/PMP certification desired.
Please send resume to: Lisa Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org