Summerfield & Associates is seeking a Senior Accountant-Inventory for a permanent position in Memphis, TN.
Sr. Accountant is responsible for performing the necessary duties required to assist in producing financial statements in a timely manner each month.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfill monthly close-related tasks for assigned areas of balance sheet and P/L, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts & maintain support folders
- Review financial statements prepared by others prior to inclusion in monthly financial statement package
- Act as an accounting business partner to various regional managers
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting for four service locations
- Review and document current processes and procedures and recommended process improvements to management
- Gather data and contribute to the budget process
- Participate in inventory and audit process
- For assigned accounting areas, develop in-depth knowledge of financial reporting and how they interface with the general ledger
- Perform other tasks as assigned
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent is required. MBA or CPA certificate preferred.
- Four to six years of related work experience
- Ideal candidate would be coming out of Public Accounting and looking to transition into Corporate Accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing practices and principles
- Ability to research accounting questions/concerns and present clear, concise, and actionable findings for management review
- Well versed in performing detailed balance sheet and P/L analytics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team performing work that requires critical thinking and attention to detail
Please Apply by e-mailing your resume to: