Summerfield & Associates is seeking a Billing Specialist for a Long-Term Contract in Memphis, TN.
BILLING SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and communicate status of activities across multiple finance groups and stakeholders
- Collect all the information required to calculate invoices by business model type (quantity, unit price, terms, due dates, taxes etc.); perform invoice adjustments
- Issue invoices and statements to customers via automated or manual channels
- Track metrics related to invoice delivery, aging, and provide reports to management
- Coordinate with Credit team to ensure customer payment reminders and follow-up occurs via multiple channels (email, phone, mail etc.).
- Collaborate with internal customer facing teams to resolve complaints regarding disputes, errors, and adjustments
- Ensure all state jurisdictional requirements related to the sale of grain are tracked, in conjunction with follow-up invoicing activities
- Monitor and review customer account balances (within Oracle); identify outstanding debts and master data inconsistencies.
BILLING SPECIALIST COMPETENCIES
- Comfortable with ambiguous environment
- Detail oriented
- Thrives in fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to navigate through competing priorities
- Ability to understand contractual language
BILLING SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- 3-5 years of Accounts Receivable and Billing experience
- AR OR Billing Lead or Supervisor experience a plus
- Oracle or ERP (SAP, JDE, People Soft, etc.) experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related fields