|Job Title||Executive Chef (Expat)|
|Job Description||We are representing a very interesting & challenging opportunity as Executive Chef for a 5* international chain resort in Maldives. |
Resort has +/- 100 villas and multiple F&B outlets.
You will be overseeing the day to day culinary operations of this unique property and lead and mentor a team of passionate multicultural staff who deliver a truly memorable experience for their guests.
The ambitious, creative, enthusiastic, professional candidate will have relevant experience in similar upscale luxury establishments and will be able to adapt well to the local culture and island life. Candidate will have a comprehensive and diverse culinary background, strong knowledge of Asian and Western cuisines and a good understanding of latest culinary concepts in a broad range of cuisines, will be highly creative in combining local ingredients with Western products.
This role will be reporting directly to General Manager.
Please note that this position is available for Expats only.
• Innovative with cuisine through both modern and classical techniques, sources quality ingredients and respects local availability
• Still loves to cook and produces food of a high level with great attention to presentation
• Health conscious, clean cooking
• Passionate about environment and applying sustainable solutions
• A person full of drive who loves and can relay to and follow the vision of this unique company and property
• Flexible and able to cater to particular guest requests / preferences / allergies
• Strong leadership and organizational skills with great eye for detail
• Should be very operational, a real hands-on / on-the-floor person
• Hygiene & HACCP competent
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
• People friendly, sensitive to staff needs and a great team player
• Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel and guests
• Strong customer relations skills with a focus on guest engagement
• Good financial and administration skills
• Familiar with budgeting and costing
• Computer literate
• Well organized and able to work independently
• Hard working and able to work efficiently under pressure
• Passion for service excellence
• Proven business / financial results
• Quality orientated
• Excellent people skills and strong motivator
• Innovative and passionate about training
• Positive thinking with a “can-do” attitude
• Able to deal effectively with guests in a luxury environment
• Flexible working hours
• Strong coach / mentor
! Due to the remoteness of the location, our client will only consider single status
Your application should include a detailed CV briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements.
You can be assured of our absolute confidentiality at all times, your personal details will not be sent out to a client unless we have first discussed the opportunity with you and have obtained your permission to do so.
We are paid a fee by our clients, for applicants our service is completely free of charge.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are not able to provide personalized feedback to each applicant. While every applicant will receive a reply, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities, go to our Job Page.
Global Expat is specialized in senior recruitment for the Asia Pacific hospitality industry.
Join us on LinkedIn Global Expat LinkedIn and/or Facebook Global Expat Facebook to stay up-to-date of our daily new vacancies and interesting industry news.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Global Expat Team.