HELP DESK SPECIALIST - GREATER MEMPHIS AREA - PERM POSITION
Our client is seeking someone to join their team as a Help Desk Specialist. The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for first point of contact providing technical assistance and support related to computers systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems and determines and implements solutions.
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Accurately record, update, and document request using the IT service desk system.
- Write and modify training modules.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which may be necessary on occasion without altering the nature of level of responsibility.
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to operate at a fast pace and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in an accurate, detail-oriented and highly productive manner.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to go above and beyond to deliver quality work.
Education and Experience:
Please send your resume to: Lisa Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associates Degree or equivalent in years of experience in technical field, preferred.
- It Certifications, preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, preferred.