Summerfield and Associates is seeking an International Logistics Coordinator for a permanent position in the Memphis, TN area.
International Logistics Coordinator Purpose and Objective
This position is a vital member of International Logistics team responsible for all day-to-day (tactical) international logistics commitment/service performance for their respective countries and specific high priority customer programs.
International Logistics Coordinator Primary Responsibilities
- Manage and execute physical product flows to meet customer commitments and country requirements from direct and inter-company shipping instructions working with LDC colleagues and external suppliers:
- Plan and book export shipments with designated ocean carriers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Data Team on shipping orders within agreed lead times to optimize mark ready dates.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete data entry for export order movement set up from interior and port transload warehouses to marine terminals into ATLAS and SharePoint.
- After notification by freight forwarder, ocean carrier, warehouse, trucker and/or Drayage team of shipment split or roll, update ATLAS with revised shipment information, and update CSR and freight forwarder on shipment and shipping instruction changes.
- Follow LDCTL train, terminal block and storage program processes and commitments for complete Integra and SharePoint visibility to ensure on-time pickups and train departures.
- Coordinate with Drayage team to provide complete and accurate booking information including Earliest Return Date (ERD); rail ramp; inland cutoff; port cutoffs; and ensure ATLAS has complete load information – mark, container and seal number(s) to meet ocean carrier booking documentation cutoff.
- Manage shipment changes and issues after ocean carrier booking confirmation and shipments underway included and not limited to change of destination (COD’s); quantity changes, and schedule changes.
- Daily engagement with ocean carriers, freight forwarders, warehouse operators and internal teams – Inventory Sales & Management, Domestic Logistics and International Execution to plan and address operating issues and/or trouble shoot to ensure commitments met.
- Accountable for the management of export shipments/commitments assigned.
- Tactical problem-solving as issues arise for assigned and back up countries/contracts.
- Personal honesty, competence and integrity in all work performed and engagement with others.
- Self-directed with a high sense of urgency and strong bias for action on a daily basis in a highly dynamic and high consequence work environment atmosphere.
- Positive attitude and personal disposition.
- Commitment to team purpose, goals and expectations expressed through personal behaviors, thinking, language and actions.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees as well as outside parties to communicate expectations and make recommendations to facilitate change.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to organize multiple responsibilities prioritize workloads and adapt as necessary.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows, specifically Excel.
Minimum five years’ experience directly managing export ocean container booking activity with a midsize or larger organization.
Associates degree or higher preferred. Direct practical experience preferred.