Heavy Equipment Operator - Construction
We are searching for a skilled Heavy Equipment Operator. The Heavy Equipment Operator's duties include preparing and manipulating a heavy equipment to begin utility construction and ensure the appropriate movement of materials, and liaising with coworkers to ensure that the projects are completed accurately. Prior experience and/or documented certification for mini-excavator, backhoe, skid steer, trencher, all terrain forklift is required. You will be required to conduct your duties in a safe, diligent manner at all times. Experience operating a trencher is required. OSHA 10 experience and/or training are also required. This is a 2-year long contract. Applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug screen in order to obtain an airport badge.
Heavy Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
- Utilizing equipment to begin utility construction
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading rocks, debris, and other materials from heavy equipment.
- Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Communicating with coworkers to elucidate project specifications, as needed.
- Reporting injuries and other accidents to the line manager.
- Advising the line manager of requisite upgrades, repairs, and replacements.
- Aiding coworkers to ensure that the site is clean and organized at the end of each shift.
- Providing suggestions to refine workflow and boost efficiency.
Heavy Equipment Operator Requirements:
Please send resumes to email@example.com detailing your experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience and documented certification for mini-excavator, backhoe, skid steer, trencher, all terrain forklift is required.
- OSHA 10 experience and/or training is required.
- Ability to work extended hours including weekends, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work 10 hour days and weekends, overtime.