Heavy Equipment Operator - Construction
We are searching for a skilled Heavy Equipment Operator. The Heavy Equipment Operator's duties include preparing and manipulating heavy equipment to ensure the appropriate movement of materials, and liaising with coworkers to ensure that the projects are completed accurately. You will be required to conduct your duties in a safe, diligent manner at all times. Experience operating a mini-excavator, backhoe, skid steer, trencher and all terrain forklift is required. OSHA 10 experience and training are also required. This is a 2-year long contract. Applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug screen in order to obtain an airport badge.
Heavy Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading rocks, debris, and other materials from heavy equipment.
- Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Communicating with coworkers to elucidate project specifications, as needed.
- Reporting injuries and other accidents to the line manager.
- Advising the line manager of requisite upgrades, repairs, and replacements.
- Aiding coworkers to ensure that the site is clean and organized at the end of each shift.
- Providing suggestions to refine workflow and boost efficiency.
Heavy Equipment Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience and documented certification for mini-excavator, backhoe, skid steer, trencher, all terrain forklift is required.
- OSHA 10 experience and training is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work extended hours, as required.