Seeking an experienced Sales Engineer who will play an integral role in increasing sales in our Robotics Solutions & Custom Equipment division. The position will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in selling robotics or custom equipment solutions. The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree and relevant engineering experience with the integration of robotics and custom equipment solutions. The sales region for this position isn’t territorial based but will focus on the Midwest. However, we sell equipment throughout North America.
- Primary focus (i.e., 80%+ of sales) of this position will be to pursue, develop, and solicit sales of robotics systems and custom equipment solutions. Applications will include material handling (machine tending, press tending, palletizing, etc.), assembly, and dispensing systems.
- Secondary focus will be to sell the other product lines including: tube end forming machines, tube bending machinery, and CNC machined components.
- Support and actively work with the Proposal and Estimating staff, as required, in developing quotations for new projects. Ensure scope is clearly defined so competitive proposals can be generated.
- Obtain and develop (if necessary) project scopes for all opportunities. Initiate and support Estimating throughout the quotation process by functioning as the liaison between the customer and company.
- Provide sales “intelligence” to ensure understanding of costs, profitability, and probability of success in winning of all projects quoted.
- Maintain and monitor sales opportunities and contacts via CRM system.
- Maintain Customer relationships through regular contact, follow up reporting, and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Attend and support trade shows that focus on robotics, custom equipment, and tube fabricating. (For example, IMTS, Automate, FABTECH, etc.)
- Travel to meet with customers.
- 5 years of sales experience of robotics or custom engineered equipment solutions. Preferred candidate will have experience in core competencies of machine tending, assembly, and/or dispensing systems.
- Degree in Engineering or Business Related discipline. Preferred candidate will have an engineering degree with work experience in an engineering role for the integration of robotic or custom equipment solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to travel throughout the United States