The VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for managing the brand, sales channels, and deployment of sales for the organization. They are responsible for developing the strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Specific responsibilities include business and market development, customer management, management of market research, strategic direction for promotion and advertising, sales growth and customer satisfaction. The VP will also oversee the sales and marketing team members’ daily activity and development. The VP will be a senior member of the leadership team with accountability for achieving revenue goals across all lines of business.
- Define, maintain and optimize the company’s sales methodology and revenue strategy. Identify/design/define/launch new revenue programs as the market evolves.
- Recruit and hire a sales team in a fast paced, early stage organization.
- Lead the sales team, including the creation of benchmarks and compensation plan, training on products and sales techniques / strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with C-level executives of key clients.
- Implementing methodology to better forecast and predict sales revenue.
- Decreasing the lead to close cycle times.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop effective sales collateral and communication campaigns
- Collaborating with the product team to source competitor intelligence and customer feedback.
- Brains, personality, communication skills, commitment and accountability, and the willingness to apply those to the challenge of an early stage company.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel without restrictions.
- Proven track record of 10+ years executive-level experience in leading sales teams to deliver rapid revenue growth in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in manufacturing or continuous improvement products and services helpful but not mandatory.
- Demonstrable experience designing and/or identifying repeatable sales processes.
- Experience and success structuring sales quotas and managing a team to achieve
- Impeccable client-facing skills including verbal presentations, written documentation, and negotiating skills. Able to represent the company at key industry events.
- Strong collaborative team-player at the executive level and team builder.
- Experience with hiring and building a sales & marketing team
- Highly organized and capable of handling several projects simultaneously.
- Must be an enthusiastic leader; you inspire others to be the best versions of themselves. Provide strong and credible leadership to the sales staff, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times.
- Exceptional analytical ability and operational experience across multiple departments within an organization: Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Partnerships.
- Experience with accurate forecasting, P&L, monthly financial statement review/analysis, productivity measurements, and board-level communication of performance.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating.
- Must be technically savvy and proficient with MS Office, SFDC, and corporate
collaboration and productivity products.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with international experience.
Highly competitive mix of base salary, sales-related commission commensurate with experience.
Charlotte, NC is preferred, however the Company is committed to hiring the best candidate no matter location, gender or race. Travel will be required.