Safe-T-Sense (STS) is based in Chicago area and recognized as a safety services company in the industrial machine and robotic world. STS is voting member of US ASC and members in ANSI Machine standards. The services we provided include standard training, machine risk assessment, safety audit, engineering consulting, machine safety integration, machine validation and verification. The application engineer will be highly involved in engineering consulting, machine safety integration, machine validation and verification.
Junior level Application Engineer will work with project lead to complete one or multiple tasks listed below. The Junior level application engineering should be able to perform/complete one or multi tasks based along.
- Learn and understand machine safety standards,
- Learn and understand control system design standards,
- Design/draft control system with AutoCAD electrical,
- Design control panels with AutoCAD electrical,
- Specify control hardware,
- Program various type PLC/HMI,
- Install, implement, troubleshoot safety system,
- Develop engineering documents,
- Interfacing with customers/vendors,
- Work with colleagues as a team,
- Travel to job sites (Nationwide).
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum technical associate degree. BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Computer science is preferred,
- Proficient in MS office (word, excel, PPT, and outlook),
- 2 years + experience,
- Familiar and comfortable with industrial environment,
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical experience is required,
- PLC programming experience is required. (Rockwell, SIEMENS and etc.),
- Effective communication skills, adaptable and willing to learn and detailed oriented.
- Familiar/Have exposure to ANSI, ISO, NEC machine safety design standard is preferred,
- Willing to travel up to 50%.
- Health insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays annually
- PTO (paid time off)
- 401K (after 90 days)