Under administrative review, is responsible for the engineering design activities required to complete assigned projects on schedule, on budget, in accordance with all relevant specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets an example to other employees by means of arriving promptly on schedule, keeping a neat and organized work area, and maintaining a personal calendar, journal and task list.
- Meet weekly with Director/Manager/Supervisor for a detailed review of all current projects. Purpose of review is to ensure adherence to Outbound Technologies specified method, practice, and procedure.
- Staying current with technology, provide training, promote individual professional growth and technical skills
- Project Management:
- Review scope of supply, budget, and schedule
- On assigned projects responsible for; system designs, hardwired designs
- Ensure no design is transmitted to a customer before independent review
- Ensure no design is released for purchase of material before independent review
- Ensure no design is released for site start-up before independent review.
- All design reviews to verify adherence to scope of supply, adherence to applicable specifications, budget, technical content, and Outbound Technologies design standard
- Design Engineering:
- Prepare hardwired design sketch work on assigned projects
- Develop and implement design standards/modular hardwired designs
- Perform computer-aided design work with software such as AutoCAD and EPLAN
- Engineering Method, Practice, and Procedure
- Maintains accurate journal or composition book
- Maintains accurate project documentation; Engineering Job File, CAD Drawings
- Ensure all required design documentation; correspondence, and drawings is submitted on schedule
- When directed support the sales function, attend line-up meetings, perform project estimating.