The Key Account Manager's primary responsibilities include prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business within existing assigned accounts as well as developing new customers with high potential. The Key Account Manager brings a point of view to the customer engagement that uses all resources to solve customer problems with appropriate products and services. In this role, we are specifically looking for someone with an extensive and proven experience within the west and southwestern US region.
Account and Customer Relationship Management, Sales of Products & Services, and Account Revenue Growth:
- Develops effective and specific account plans to ensure target revenue delivery and sustainable growth, including developing and leveraging relationships within existing accounts.
- Establishes strong management and influencer relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value; the value of counsel and expertise, the value of solutions, and the value of implementation expertise. Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities with accurate account information and coaching.
- Actively understands each customer’s technology domain, program plans, and product landscape. Reviews public information (e.g. government budgets, program directives, new releases.) to remain updated on key trends and issues impacting the account.
- Territory and Account Leadership: Lead designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles. Encourage all accounts to become Sydor references.
Demand Generation, Pipeline, and Opportunity Management:
- Manage pipeline by following Sydor’s disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and updated with tasks leading towards deal closure utilizing Salesforce CRM.
- Embrace pipeline partnerships, leveraging support organizations including resale partners and relationships to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
- Leveraging Sydor capabilities – Be proficient in and bring all Sydor offers to bear on sales pursuits, including custom engineering and technology solutions.
- Advance and close sales opportunities through successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Support all conferences, tradeshows, and events in the territory.
- Assisting in customer deliveries or installations.
- Work alongside engineers to deliver customer solutions.
Maximize the value of all sales support organizations.
- Develop, analyze and execute initiatives to up-sell and cross-sell across the customer base.
- Orchestrate resources and deploy appropriate teams, including solutions scientists, to execute winning sales.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in the orchestration of remote teams.
- Ensure account teams (support and service, other Key Account Managers) and Partners are well versed in each account’s strategy and well-positioned for all customer touchpoints and events.