Summerfield Associates is looking for several Electricians at all experience levels – from Apprentice to Lead. This is a 2-year long project that will start in July.Experience in industrial, commercial, underground utilities, highway and/or airfield lighting/landing systems construction projects is highly desired. Job descriptions for 2 of the positions are listed below.
Duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required but may generally include:
• Connects wires to plugs, switches, controls, light fixtures, traffic controls, motors, panels, and switchboards.
• Splices wires and applies insulating terminal caps using a variety of hand tools; make underground waterproof splices.
• Disassembles repairs and reassembles or replaces defective electrical equipment such as plugs, switches,
outlets, controls, ballasts, motors, and appliances using hand tools, test equipment, and service manuals.
• Tests installations to check and ensure continuity of the circuit, and the compatibility and safety of all components using test equipment such as ohmmeter, amp meter, voltmeter, etc.
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit, junction, switch, and/or outlet boxes, and switchboards using hand tools and such special equipment as a
mechanical drill, cutters, benders, and threaders.
• Installs and repairs telephones, light fixtures, electrical controls, and motors using hand tools and electric drills.
• Inspects and evaluates electrical equipment to ensure that it operates efficiently and safely; determines whether equipment and new installations meet requirements of the National
• Pulls wire through conduit.
• Assigns work to lower-level electricians, apprentices, and/or helpers.
• Provides instruction and training in the proper methods and processes necessary to carry out electrician assignments.
• Clean background and drug test to attain Airport Badging.
• Electrical installations for large-scale commercial, industrial, underground utilities, and/or airport lighting/landing systems construction.
• Knowledge of the principles of electricity and electronics. Splicing and termination experience
• Knowledge of the electrical codes which typically apply to the work assignment. Knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment of the electrical trade.
• Knowledge of electrical devices such as controls, switches, starters, transformers, motors, and panel boards.
• Knowledge of the potential occupational hazards connected with electrical work and the safety standards and practices, which should be applied
• Skill in the use of the tools of the electrical trade. Skill in the installation of electrical devices
• Skill in diagnosing the cause of electrical problems/breakdowns. Skill in repairing and adjusting electrical devices.
• Ability to interpret and apply blueprints, schematics, maintenance manuals, and assembly instruction.
• Ability to study and comprehend new technology. Ability to make mathematical computations.
• Ability to work from ladders, scaffold, hydraulic lifts, in manholes and vaults. Commitment to Teamwork.
• Willingness to carry out duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Ability to exemplify the company’s Core Values: Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
• Knowledgeable of applicable laws and codes.
Electrician and Electrician Apprentice
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference “Electrician” in the subject line.