Location: Northfield, Vermont
Reports to: Finishing Shift Supervisor
As we continue to scale one of the fastest growing apparel brands, we are seeking a Boarding Operator. This individual is required to operate a boarding machine safely while processing socks as efficiently as possible.
- Check and complete production tickets for accuracy.
- Communicate any machine or sock issues to Team Leader and/or Shift Supervisor as necessary.
- Complete any machine changeovers (forms, grabber pads, grabber pins, etc.) in an effort to minimize machine downtime.
- Must be capable of maintaining production output and boarding quality levels at all times.
- Must be capable of completing priority work as and when necessary.
- Using the correct forms for the sock style being boarded and changing the forms on the machine when necessary.
- Maintaining accurate sock count and production records (e.g. output and downtime).
- Collaborating with co-workers in an effort to achieve production targets and output quantities.
- Being flexible, cooperative, and adaptable should workflows fluctuate on occasion.
- Be willing to cross-train in other tasks within the Mill.
- Communicating clearly with co-workers, Team Leaders, Shift Supervisor, and Inspectors, in order to resolve production problems on a daily basis.
- Preference given to candidates with recent manufacturing experience.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic math skills and effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to be professional and courteous at all times
- Passionate about working for a values driven company and fully committed to building great cultures and high performing teams
- This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values.
- Manufacturing environment – exposure to machinery, noise and other adverse conditions for limted periods of time depending on the role
- Flexible nature to manage competing and changing priorities